Desktop Publishing Specialist
Job Title: Desktop Publishing Specialist
Professional Area: Desktop publishing layout and design and production,
Location: ProfitPro Headquarters, Albert Lea, MN
Report To: Dr. Jim Ladlie, President
General Position Description:
- The specialist will work in desktop publishing department.
- Projects include, but are not limited to, brochures, advertisements, direct mail, newsletters and other promotional materials; storyboards and signs; and other educational materials.
- Catalog and maintain files of workshops and any other custom or generic materials.
- Print projects for the department.
- Work with all departments in the company.
- web site posting and updates.
- Typing, layout and design of various materials used for training, marketing and research purposes.
- Design and format projects on a PC using Quark Xpress, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, etc.
- Pay attention to detail to ensure that quality materials are ready to print.
- Create tables and scan in photographs, illustrations and line art.
- Illustrate when necessary.
- Catalog and maintain files of all materials.
- Basic web design using Dream Weaver.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Education in the graphic arts field.
- Knowledge of the latest hardware and software in the graphics industry.
- Knowledge about printing processes.
- A team player within the department and other departments.
- Work well with tight deadlines.
- Proficient in database/programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and ACT (database).
- Excellent telephone and telemarketing skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism in dealing with inside personnel and outside contacts.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with multiple projects.
- Must be able to work well in busy office.
Compensation: The position is hourly base and will be determined by experience.
Non-Compete and Confidentiality: Must sign a non-compete and confidentiality agreement relating to ProfitPro’s clients, technology and intellectual property.